Get a vehicle history report (typically called a CarFax) when purchasing a used car to see detailed information (title, past usage, odometer records and accident history - performed using a VIN check). AutoFax.org is designed to be easy and fast - no accounts to create and if we can't find the records for your vehicle, we'll refund your money.
Compare and save - AutoFax.org is a cheaper alternative to CarFax ($39.99) and provides the same level of information as AutoCheck ($24.99). Refer your friends and family to AutoFax and earn free vehicle history reports
What information is included in our preowned car reports?
- Number of owners and types of uses (personal, rental, etc)
- If a vehicle is junked, salvaged, rebuilt, or flooded, etc.
- Any accident reports along with dates.
- Odometer reading as of the titling dates and any rollbacks.
- Info from salvage yards and insurance company vehicle totals.
- Dates that the titles were issued.
What’s a VIN and where can I find one?
A VIN or Vehicle Identification Number is a serial number that uniquely identifies a car.
Ask Craigslist seller for a VIN from any of these documents
- Insurance Declarations Page
- Insurance ID Card
- Vehicle Registration
- Vehicle Title
Or, get your Vehicle’s VIN
- On the dashboard, just below the windshield (driver's side)
- On the driver's side doorpost (where the door latches)
- On the driver's side door (below the latch mechanism)